May 9, 201610 yr comment_89407 So many of you know my 16 year old miniature dachshund, Madeline, passed away last month. It was super heartbreaking for me, as it is for anyone who loses a pet. My other dog I have (a 3 year old "Silkchon" (silky terrier/bichon mix) also has been taking it pretty hard without having her sister to play with. I looked for a few weeks around at local shelters and it's been difficult because all they have are HUGE dogs, or elderly dogs and tons of pit bulls. Not that I have anything against them, but I really wanted another smaller dog (under 20lbs preferably) and wanted something still young and less than a year old. I had been using Petfinder and came across a litter of puppies that was rescued from a high kill shelter down in PA. They were found with their mother, in a freaking suitcase in a ditch on the side of the road!!!! What in the actual fuck. So on Wednesday last week I had arranged to drive down to adopt one of them. I'd like to introduce Dalia to the Gamercide family. She's 11 weeks old, and best I can tell she is part dachshund (mother was a doxie) and I think she's actually part Chihuahua from her facial features. She's only about 7 lbs right now, but her paws are actually kinda big so I imagine she'll be close to 17ish at least when she grows up. She's quite a freaking handful so far haha. Report
May 9, 201610 yr comment_89410 Absolutely adorable. Welcome to the family, Dalia! She getting along with your other dog? Report
May 9, 201610 yr Author comment_89412 Its a little touch and go. The puppy absolutely wants to play nonstop, but the other dog (Ramona) is still warming up to her. Ramona has been like running away when Dalia chases her, but last night they started playing together much more. I knew it would take a couple weeks for them to get fully warmed up to each other. Report
May 12, 201610 yr comment_89425 At least they are warming up. That's good to hear. I think it's good to have an older dog with a pup. Gives them examples of what to do. Report
May 13, 201610 yr Author comment_89433 Absolutely.... puppy kisses definitely do not suck. She's been coming to work with me every day. Allows me to potty train her better and get her on a regular schedule, and also is good to socialize with people. Report
May 14, 201610 yr comment_89447 You should train her how to do a job there and pay he rin love. cut costsby 908089080980980 percents!!!! Report
May 14, 201610 yr comment_89454 Sometimes, once in a blue moon ... I honestly believe Avahra gets her hands on better shit than me. Report
May 14, 201610 yr comment_89456 12 hours ago, Avahra said: This si whyI'mtheboss at work i make the %s Don't know why, but this sounded pretty bad ass to me. Making the %! Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.