April 14, 201610 yr comment_89234 Yeeeeeaaaaahhhhh.... go fuck yourself guy. http://io9.gizmodo.com/texting-may-soon-be-allowed-inside-americas-biggest-mov-1770857630 Apparently the new CEO of the AMC Theatre group, Adam Aron, feels that all those little ads at the beginning of the movie to TURN OFF YOUR FUCKING PHONE and be RESPECTFUL of those around you pretty much are stupid and kids should be allowed to do what they want. Quote When you tell a 22-year-old to turn off the phone, don’t ruin the movie, they hear please cut off your left arm above the elbow. You can’t tell a 22-year-old to turn off their cellphone. That’s not how they live their life. Yeah no. Absolutely drives me nuts when I go to the theatre and someone is like sitting RIGHT NEXT TO ME on their phone the whole time. Same deal if they're in front of me. Cell phone screens are bright and super distracting in a dark theatre. Am I over reacting here? I don't spend $12-15 per freaking ticket to go into a theatre just to have people sit there the whole time waving a pocket flashlight in my face while I'm trying to watch a movie. Report
April 15, 201610 yr comment_89238 Yeah he can go fuck himself. I hate people who are on their phones in a theater Report
April 15, 201610 yr Author comment_89246 See the problem is we only have two "nice" theatres around my area. One is Regal cinemas and the other is an AMC cinema. The AMC one is WAAAAAY nicer, which huge leather recliners for every set in each theatre. Like it's super comfy and I actually enjoy going. But fuck that, if they make it "text friendly" or whatever they want to call it I'm going to not go there anymore. Report
April 15, 201610 yr comment_89247 Yeah I would avoid any theater that did this, its jut common courtesy, is that not a thing anymore can no one think of anything but themselves and what they want to do? Don't go to the movie then and wait to watch it at home and text all you want. That or you are going to see some more fights break out at theaters Report
April 15, 201610 yr Author comment_89248 Thank god.... AMC Theatres have seen the light. I knew I wasn't the only one who flipped out over this haha http://io9.gizmodo.com/amc-backs-down-on-its-nightmarish-vision-of-texting-in-1771190201 Quote NO TEXTING AT AMC. Won't happen. You spoke. We listened. Quickly, that idea has been sent to the cutting room floor. pic.twitter.com/JR0fo5megR — AMC Theatres (@AMCTheatres) April 15, 2016 Report
April 15, 201610 yr comment_89249 Great, free promotional campaign however. I doubt they ever had planned to institute that silly change. What did their customers hopefully pickup from all this? That they're 'not afraid to be different', while at the same time, 'we listen to your concerns!'. =] Report
April 15, 201610 yr Author comment_89250 1 hour ago, PeeKnuckle said: Great, free promotional campaign however. I doubt they ever had planned to institute that silly change. What did their customers hopefully pickup from all this? That they're 'not afraid to be different', while at the same time, 'we listen to your concerns!'. =] Marketing today at its finest. Cause an internet uproar, huge exposure, and then be like "Naaaaah, we know better than that! We were just foolin'!" Report
April 15, 201610 yr comment_89253 lol jk guys we're going ot make ou lock your phones up in a safe Report
April 19, 201610 yr comment_89268 Good stunt, but I could see them trying it. No tolerance policy in the normal showings etc. Report
April 20, 201610 yr comment_89282 I mean lets say if you hand ove ryour phone you get % off yoru ticket or concession. I'd do it but my phone isn't a piece a smart phone so idgaf if it go tlost Report
April 20, 201610 yr comment_89286 Would be interesting to see how many people would do it to save 5 or 10%. Probably just end up with people having old beat up phones to give in just to get the discount. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.