June 17, 201511 yr comment_87785 So today marks Day 5 of eating (drinking) only Soylent. If you haven't heard of it, it's supposed to be a quick meal that provides all your daily nutrients. Day 1 was a little tough purely for the sake of the taste of it. I'd rate it somewhere between sawdust and oatmeal. However I haven't been hungry at all since I switched over. It also helps that you prepare a batch for the day in the morning, then for every meal you simply grab a cup of the stuff and chug. My time spent preparing food and eating has gone from 1-2 hours to about 15 minutes total in a day.Plus it seems to be helping turn the tide on my weight gain lately. So that's a bonus point. Anyone else considered trying the stuff? Report
June 17, 201511 yr comment_87787 No thank you. I enjoy food too much. I also am a bit worried that it's base ingredient is Maltodextrin. There isn't much protein left in Maltodextrin after it's fully been processed. They maybe should have looked into Soy for their base. Also, I've seen Soylent Green. Report
June 17, 201511 yr Author comment_87788 100% of all the vitamins a human needs, processed from other humans. It would explain the taste as well. Report
June 18, 201511 yr comment_87791 Half the fun of eating food is the delicious taste. No way would I give that up Report
June 19, 201511 yr comment_87792 I could possibly consider it for a work week breakfast meal, but I do love food too much to totally replace all my meals. Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.