January 27, 201511 yr comment_86583 Joystiq, a gaming site that has existed for a whole bunch of years now, was purchased by AOL back in 2005. It's being reported now, rumor or no, that AOL has plans to close down the website after traffic has declined 18% in the past year. Both Kotaku and Joystiq are reporting the story, but at this time AOL and Joystiq have no comment on speculation (although Joystiq seems aware that it's pretty much bound to happen). Kind of sad, I always enjoyed checking out Joystiq every couple days and also looking out for reviews on their site as well (since I appreciate differing viewpoints) Report
January 27, 201511 yr comment_86587 Well that sucks. I always hate to see a decent site get shut down. I'd much rather see D-toid or Kotaku go, but I think they'll be sticking around for awhile. Report
January 27, 201511 yr comment_86588 There is a wow related joystiq website that I visit frequently. I'll be sad to see it go Report
January 27, 201511 yr Author comment_86589 There is a wow related joystiq website that I visit frequently. I'll be sad to see it go It's unknown if Massively is going to close. All I know is Joystiq is closing down. It has a few affiliated websites with it that AOL purchased as a package. Kind of like how Kotaku is part of the Gawker network (Jezebel, Gawker, Deadspin, etc) Report
January 27, 201511 yr comment_86595 I'd much rather see D-toid or Kotaku go, but I think they'll be sticking around for awhile. You and me both! Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.