July 14, 201016 yr comment_13685 So my xbox has died... again.But Luckily Microsoft came out with a new cash box, so it's time to upgrade. Yay!But I want to transfer my memory from my 120 over to the new 240. Any ideas how I should go about this? I have an extra transfer cable with no disk and access to some external hard drives. Report
July 14, 201016 yr comment_13686 The transfer cable will work just fine. The thing with the new Xbox 360 Slim, you don't need the software disc to transfer your data, all you need is the cable. The Slim has the software on the CD built in. The transfer process is pretty much the same as its always been. You plug one end of the cable into your old HDD, and the other in into your new console's USB port, on the front of the console.Here is a walkthrough of the transfer process done by DeaconBlade: Report
July 15, 201016 yr Author comment_13751 K, well, I couldn't afford the new xbox, so just got an arcade instead. Easy setup! Report
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.