Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Gamercide

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.
Welcome back to Gamercide!

H1Z1 releases early access on Steam with much anger from players

Featured Replies

H1Z1 has just released on Steam, and a recent change/addition from the developers is causing some serious outcries of anger from the playerbase. 

 

Originally the developers claimed that they truly wanted to avoid the game becoming "pay to win".  Players could supposedly spend real money in the game to purchase wearable items and cosmetic things, but being able to spend money on immediate weapons/ammo/food was absolutely out of the question.  See the following screenshot where they claimed the "whole game would suck" if people were able to immediate purchase such things.

 

Yp05LRC.png

 

And with the release of the game now apparently they've taken a complete turnaround of this mindset.  Developers have now said players can "You can spend cash to call in air drop which contains loads of weapons, ammo and many other useful items".

Needless to say people on Steam reviews are mighty pissed.

 

Check out some of the negative reviews yourself.

 

 

 

I'm going to stay far away from this one.

 

 

I like how WOT runs its free to play, its really balanced paying gets you different tanks and speeds up the process of getting new tanks but doesn't give you an advantage in actual game play. I would be pissed with what they did. Paying in WOT reduces the amount of time it takes to grind and gets you special/rare tanks that have different qualities but aren't over powered. 

  • Author

I like how WOT runs its free to play, its really balanced paying gets you different tanks and speeds up the process of getting new tanks but doesn't give you an advantage in actual game play. I would be pissed with what they did. Paying in WOT reduces the amount of time it takes to grind and gets you special/rare tanks that have different qualities but aren't over powered. 

 

WoT USED to be totally pay to win back before they really nerfed to Gold Ammo.  You could buy ammo that was SUPER overpowered lol.  I hated that crap.  :D 

 

I should fire that game back up.  I used to play it on PC.

I've been sort of following this release. Seems that they had the usual tons of trouble along with everything else. I really don't get how it's free to play if you have to pay for it.  Anyhow, it's still early release stage, but at least it has a big name behind it. Maybe it will actually turn into something decent. However, in the end it's still an MMO. So the goal will be to keep player playing, which usual means grind.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.